Federation of Youth Services was founded as the Federation of Girls' Homes in 1966 as a result of a merger between Delta Home for Girls and Williams House Residential Program.
Williams House was established in 1921 by the Women's Episcopal Group of the Diocese of Michigan to provide housing for pregnant adolescents.
In 1947, the Detroit Alumnae Chapter of the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority founded Delta Home for Girls to provide residential and treatment services to adolescent African American females who began encountering the judicial system.
The name was changed to Federation of Youth Services in 1994 when through the Transitional Living Program the agency started accepting males.
Federation of Youth Services is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3), State of Michigan licensed child care agency, which provide services to at-risk youth, ages 16-20 on a non-sectarian basis.
The Federation is a member of Michigan Federation for Childen & Families.